Thursday, October 13, 2011

Update!

Here’s a super quick not super long update on my life:

I am sick. I have a cold. I am taking medicine, and hoping to get better soon.

I have a lot of papers etc. due next week. Two papers, and in class essay, an art assignment and a few readings, to be exact. Not cool.

I am going to Sicily, Rome and Barcelona for my 10-day fall break, which starts next Friday. Very cool. My flight leaves at 6:10 in the morning, which means I’ll have to get up at about 3 am, which is awesome.

I found blackberry jelly. It is my favorite jelly. This is significant because I have not found or heard of grape jelly anywhere, and I have not found a single other jam I like until the blackberry. They seriously seem to have every flavor but grape- orange, strawberry, plum, black currant, raspberry, everything. It’s so weird.

I have attended a Hillsong Church, which is kind of one of those things I’d never thought I’d have the chance to do. Because, they’re like famous and everything. Relatively famous. (In a good way.) Last week they put on four showings of “Jesus: the Rock Opera”, which included a bunch of popular songs with appropriately adjusted lyrics, including “Forget You” by Cee-lo Green. Yo, it was super crazy.

I have now visited Greenwich and Bath. Bath was pretty but fun, and some relaxing strolls and ridiculous adventures were had. There are some good stories to tell, but now is not the place.

I have already pulled two near-all-nighters, which is totally absurd. I walked back from our study center (a 5-10 minute walk away) at 4 am the one night- not recommended. Cars fly by and random people just hang out talking or going about their maintenance jobs. It’s strange. I was actually more afraid of getting hit by a car than anything else. At least I knew how to get home- trying to walk back to your flat when is it late, you are lost, and your companions are tipsy is a whole lot harder.

I lost my light blue scarf. In case you were wondering.

I’ve seen a whole bunch of London theatre with my theatre class, and it’s awesome.

The students in my program have bonded over complaining about, stressing over, and often hating our classes/work load/our professors’ lack of organization. In case you are one of those professors, just kidding.

Six of us sang the Star-Spangled Banner the other night. At 3 am. In harmony. It was excellent and horrible at the same time. One of the six was actually recruited to join by the others just before 3, since they thought he’d be up and it was determined we needed a male voice. He reluctantly agreed; I’m not sure why. After three times, we finally got a decent recording.

I updated my blog. In fact, I wrote two blog posts instead of doing my homework just now. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment