Sunday, January 1, 2012

Might as well wrap it up

So I’m a bit late. Ok a lot late. And I don't even have any interesting content, or new funny video to tell you about. Sorry about that. I’ve been home for just over 2 weeks now. To be fair, my last few weeks in London were pretty busy. My mom and brother arrived in London just before I got home from Turkey. We ate Thanksgiving dinner in an Indian restaurant and did some fun tourist things like walking over the Tower Bridge, visiting the Tower of London and Westminster Abbey, and seeing the changing of the guard and Big Ben. Then the three of us took a train up to Edinburg, where we did more tourist things like shopping, visiting the castle, and having a nice afternoon tea. The place we had tea had at least 30 different kinds of tea on the menu. You didn’t ask for green tea or English breakfast, you chose a specific kind out of about 3-5 options for either. Crazy. I had roobibos, in case you were wondering, but I don’t remember which specific kind. It was pretty good, in case you were wondering about that, too.

The family visit was nice. After the craziness of Turkey etc., it was nice to just be with my family and have a relatively stress-free weekend. It was fun to share London with them, and weird to have them in this new city I had been growing accustomed to. Edinburg was a nice break from London, as it was smaller, quainter, and a bit quieter, and much less like the US that London. Edinburg was a welcomed change, as I relaxed and left all my stress back in London.

Then my family left, and I focused in on finals. Somewhere among all those finals, my cold finally went away after almost 3 weeks. Funny, considering how I was sleep deprived for a week or so. Eight hours is a beautiful thing, and I have taken full advantage of that now that I’m home, which is probably one of the reasons why this post is something like five weeks after the last one. Whatever. The 2-3 weeks of finals were kind of a mess. One paper I worked on for days and completely overwrote, and another I wrote in record time. And of course, I did better on the latter.

In between all of that were a few other adventures. Some of them were rather, uh, interesting, but others, like going to Abbey Road (did I talk about that already?), were really nice. I saw my friend Caitlin from home for one last get together, which was also quite nice. In summary, the last week was a whirlwind. A lot seemed to go down in a short space of time, but somehow I packed and made it onto my airplane along with my luggage (no small feat- the lady at the desk gave me a hard time, though security apparently had no problem with me bringing broken glass on to the plane). The plane ride was eight hours, which seemed to be a lifetime when I woke up for good after four hours. I forced myself to try watching some random movie, which I did actually enjoy.

So then I came home, visited family in PA, went back to work at Target, wrapped tons of presents from abroad, enjoyed Christmas, finally straightened things out with Transport for London at 3:30 am est., watched some movies, found a new tv show, saw some friends, celebrated New Years and wrote this blog. I’m a bit sentimental about those London taxis now, and realized how many times London shows up in things. Two of my cousins video games, the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie, and, um, other places. Yeah, so… I guess that’s it.


30 second summary: I had finals, so I stopped blogging. I’m home now. I’d tell you more interesting stories, but I don’t think I’m allowed to, leaving only the boring stuff. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment