Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Busy, Busy Busier.

This has been a crazy week, with my last day of work at both of my jobs, round one of goodbyes, packing nearly all my stuff, a visit to Philly, and dinner with my dad. Tomorrow I drive 4 hours to my aunt's house in West Virginia, spend the night there, drive 35 minutes to have breakfast with my grandma in the morning, then drive 3 hours to Bucknell, with IV leadership training for 3 days, and finally a 4 hours drive back home to New Jersey on Monday night. Adding to the excitement, I thought that this leadership training was maybe 3 hours each of the three days. Wrong. We have 3 hours of free time each day, in which I will be begging Bucknell to buy my textbooks back, dropping off supplies, and maybe getting a haircut. (Secretly, I'm only going for the haircut. My last one in Lewisburg was the best I've ever had.) I'm already tired.

I haven't figured it out yet, but I seem to be perpetually compelled to drive on long, convoluted trips, and I don't even like driving. I drove to upstate New York, Long Island, DC, and Philly this summer. And the best part is my GPS only works when it feels like it. Not super helpful. But at least I have an excuse to buy the super cheap gas Wawa had today! Down to $3.29! New Jersey is kind of the best. (For gas. Not the actual driving, as I almost witnessed a horrible, messy, and very inconvenient accident the other day. Sometimes I think tourists should pass a traffic circle and jug-handle proficiency test before coming here. But sometimes I just think they should not be allowed to enter South Jersey, period. Sorry, I digress.)

Packing up my bags was way more difficult than I though it would be, since I forgot to weigh them earlier. I added another suitcase, and I think we're set. I don't think I want to pack ever again. I may have an inappropriate compulsion to do that, too. I try not to think about how I packed almost all my roommate's stuff. Speaking of packing bags, working my last day at Target for four months was a huge relief. I'll be abroad on Black Friday, which is just about the best thing that ever happened since Black Friday was invented. It's certainly an interesting experience, but my soul and body take the hit, and they now can remain intact the day after Thanksgiving. Ah, to food coma in peace. Depending on how things work out, I may have worked by last Black Friday ever. I won't miss waking up at the crack of dawn and stepping on my sleeping cousins, the smell of plastic bags or burnt pop-corn, the crazy crazy people, or saying "you're welcome" when someone tells me to have a nice day. Leaving my office job was a little sad, since I only work with five people, and they were all kind of convinced I was going to run into looters/die. I won't, so don't you go get worried, too.

I think I'm out of things to say. After this trip, I'm home for two days and leave the country a week from today. I am still not sure how long this flight is, and I am scared. Until then, look up where cashews come from!

30 second summary: I had a busy week, I am doing a ton of driving in the next few days, and I go to London a week from today. I am done working; packing is my life now. Also, I am tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment