Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ready, get set...

Welcome to my blog! I figured updating a blog on a regular basis is much easier than telling 50 individual people everything I did in a day, week or whatever. I already spend too much time on facebook and dealing with email, so hopefully this can be a one-stop update :) If you feel the need for a more personal/private/still on the internet interaction with me, I'll still be around on facebook, email (laina.lusk@gmail.com/bucknell.edu), and now through skype (laina.lusk)! Calling and texting are not really going to happen. Please continue to talk to me; just because I'm in London doesn't mean I no longer exist. In return, I will try to remember that I have friends and like America.

Anyway, time for real blog things. I guess I've thought about having a blog for a while, although I've only written on blogs for classes, which does not count and is not fun. Still, I have some reservations about the blog thing. The only blogs I can bring myself to read over 5 posts involve funny things and usually some pictures. Ok, a lot of pictures. (Seriously, who likes reading on the internet?) And I don't really comment or participate in forums. People who enjoy broadcasting their trite or deeply intellectual musings over the internet, expecting their peers to pore over every word, generally concern me. But I think that there really are people that like reading these kinds of things, and commenting on them to boot. Beats me, but we'll give it a try. I will probably become addicted to blogging and tell everyone about how I love blogging, and refer any and all people to my blog. I may very well become one of "those" people, and I will not protest if you feel an intervention must be staged. The internet does strange things to people, and I'm accepting that risk here.

At this point I may have lost all or most of you, but that's fine. I wouldn't have read past the first paragraph, so don't feel bad if you want to leave now and just google "panda babies". I know I do. Since this is the first post, I figured I would get some of my meaningless and/or misanthropic ramblings out of the way, before I do something interesting enough that people might want to read about it. Right now, I've just started packing. I usually don't mind packing, but this is especially rough. Four months of things, all crammed into 1.5 suitcases. Holy moly. It looks like I'm going to make it, but I am not a 1-to-2-pairs-of-shoes kind of person, so I have no idea how they are all going to fit. I am confident, however, that my years of working as a cashier and experience packing all of my college stuff four times (not to mention that one time I packed all my roommates stuff) has prepared me well for this moment. Unfortunately, I'm working 6 days a week leading up to my trip to Bucknell/departure for London, and I'm feeling a little pressed for time. Well, work and all the tv watching, beach lounging, and sleeping I do. It's the summer; I have 3 months to do these things before abstaining for 9 whole months.

I think I'm going to stop this sleepy rant now and go get something useful done, like learn spanish or eat brownies. For those still around, it's been a pleasure, and I hope you'll read again soon.


30 second recap: Yes, I will be visiting Bucknell on August 20-22. My flight for London leaves August 25th from Newark. Until then, I am working, packing, and sleeping on the beach/couch. I feel weird about blogging.

6 comments:

  1. Ummm... I love you and this blog (and the url) . I will definitely be an avid follower of this one! Also, what are you talking about? You commented on my blog from Peru! Or was that just a cover-up to make it look like you read it...? And the truth comes out. Anyways, I look forward to seeing you when you're at Bucknell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Katie Janda, I lied a little bit. I read most (maybe even all, but I can't remember) of your blog, and I've commented on yours and Liz Yale's blog once. When I know the person, I do read their blog sometimes. But those 1000+ viewers blogs, I do not comment because I'm afraid to. Sorry for the inaccurate generalization, but I'm glad you enjoyed this and I will look forward to seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha nice blog Laina. I'll try to check in throughout the year. I got into it a little this summer. See you soon at Bucknell! I'll be there early, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lainaaaaa! I love how witty you are. =) you've inspired me to make my on london blog, but mine won't be as clever as yours. I can't wait to discuss our london adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!- for reading and being super nice and stuff :) I usually assume I'm the only one who thinks what I say is funny.

    Cait- I can't wait to read your blog! I'll have to go visit any cool places you find :)

    ReplyDelete